Professional Edition licensees can provide one-touch printing using the new FlashViewer ViewerType of the WebViewer control.
To provide one-touch printing
- From the Visual Studio toolbox, drag the WebViewer control onto your ASPX page. (See Adding ActiveReports Controls for help if you have not yet added the control to your toolbox.)
- Add an ActiveReport to the project.
- Back on the ASPX page, click to select the WebViewer, and in the Properties window, make the following changes:
- Set the ReportName property to the name of your report.
- Set the ViewerType property to FlashViewer.
- Expand the FlashViewerOptions and PrintOptions nodes, and set the StartPrint property to True.
- If you do not want to display the report to the user, set the Height and Width properties to 0.
- Copy the ActiveRepors.FlashViewer.swf file into your project folder. This file is located in:
C:\Program Files\GrapeCity\ActiveReports 6\Deployment (on a 64-bit Windows operating system, this file is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\GrapeCity\ActiveReports 6\Deployment).
Run the project to see the Print dialog box and send the report to print by clicking Print in the dialog box.
Note: The Print dialog box will appear at least once because of the Flash printing limitations.