The Format page of the Barcode Properties smart panel gives you control over the following items:
- Format code: Select one of the common numeric formats provided or use a custom .NET formatting code to format dates or numbers. For more information, see MSDN's Formatting Types topic.
- Amount of space to leave around report item
- Top margin: Set the top padding in points.
- Left margin: Set the left padding in points.
- Right margin: Set the right padding in points.
- Bottom margin: Set the bottom padding in points.
- Rotation: Choose None, Rotate90Degrees, Rotate180Degrees, or Rotate270Degrees.
- Resolution (DPI): Adjust the resolution of the rendered barcode. The default value is 96.
Tip: A dot matrix printer typically prints in the 60 to 90 DPI range, a laser printer may be in the range of 600 to 1200 DPI, an inkjet printer may be in the range of 1200 to 9600 DPI, and 72 to 150 DPI is sufficient for web use. The higher DPI ranges take longer to print, so consider whether a high value is necessary.
|Note: You can select the <Expression...> option in many of these properties to create an expression to determine the value. For properties with enumerated values, the values are listed under Constants in the Fields tree view on the left side of the Expression Editor.|