You can search for data in any of the cells in the workbook by specifying the sheet
and the string of data for which to search. You can also pop-up a search dialog
and allow the end user to search for data.
The methods and properties that relate to searching and search dialogs are part
of the FarPoint Spread component. You can add some advanced options to the search
dialog for the end-user to allow them to search other areas of the spreadsheet,
including cell notes and cell tags.
Search dialog options include:
- Match case - finding only strings that match the case of the search string (upper
or lower case).
- Match exactly - finding only strings that match the search string exactly.
- Alternate search - searching down rows then across columns rather than vice versa.
- Use wildcards - allow the use of wildcard characters in the search string.
- Include cell text- this searches the row and column cells.
- Include cell tags- this searches the cell tags in the data area.
- Include cell notes- this searches the cell notes in the data area.