You can customize the user experience for filtering data on a sheet. With row filtering, you can allow the user to filter the data in columns on a sheet and display only the rows of data which meet criteria from a drop-down list or change the appearance of rows based on that filtering. You can use the basic default filtering or you can customize practically every aspect of the filtering. The overall topic of filtering involves these tasks:
- Allowing the User to Filter Rows
- Using Row Filtering
- Setting the Appearance of Filtered Rows
- Customizing the Filter List
- Creating a Completely Custom Filter
- Setting the Appearance of Filter Indicators
Return to the overall list of tasks in Customizing Row or Column Interaction.