You can customize user interaction with your Spread component by mapping keyboard inputs from the user to particular actions on the Spread component using input maps and action maps. For example, pressing the Home key can be associated with moving the active cell to the first cell in the row. Many of the keys are mapped to actions by default. You can customize these default maps as well as add new mappings as you need to create the interactions you want. The topics below describe the default mappings as well as procedures for setting up maps to customize keystroke processing.
- Underlying Keystroke Processing
- Factors of Keyboard Map Usage
- Default Keyboard Navigation
- Default Keyboard Maps
- Deactivating the Default Keyboard Map
- Changing the Default Keyboard Map
- Using Input Maps with Action Maps
- Customizing the Input Maps
- Changing an Input Map for a Child View
Return to the overall list of tasks in the Developer's Guide.