Data Dynamics Reports is based on the the award-winning ActiveReports technology for Microsoft Visual Studio re-engineered from the ground up with direct support for Business Reporting via visual report designers, business dashboards, key performance indicators (KPIs), Microsoft Excel transformation, and more.
How is Data Dynamics Reports different from ActiveReports?
- ActiveReports introduced the world to an extensive event-based code-behind reporting model to enable extreme flexibility, allowing developers to generate almost any kind of report.
- Data Dynamics Reports follows a more visual report designing model with inline expressions that meet most of your reporting needs with less code.
- ActiveReports uses the proprietary RPX reporting format that is proven and time tested.
- Data Dynamics Reports uses Microsoft's SQL Server 2005 Report Definition Language (RDL) reporting format, with custom extensions to leverage your existing investments.
- ActiveReports has been exceeding customer expectations for over a decade of fulfilling the large volume, high performance, production reporting requirements of small and large businesses.
- Data Dynamics Reports, in addition to fulfilling standard reporting needs, features direct support for business reporting features such as dashboards, KPIs, advanced data visualization, master-child report templates and reporting themes.
- ActiveReports supports exporting to HTML, RTF, TIFF, PDF and Microsoft Excel.
- Data Dynamics Reports, in addition to supporting these export formats, also supports true Microsoft Excel transformation, Microsoft Word export and exporting to image formats such as BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG and EMF.
- ActiveReports includes a Report Viewer Control for Windows, and for the Web, a new interactive Flash Report Viewer along with HTML rendering and PDF exporting.
- Data Dynamics Reports comes with a stand-alone Report Viewer, and for the Web it uses a native ASP.NET Ajax Report Viewer as well as interactive HTML rendering.
- Reporting templates for master-child reports enable developers to provide end users with a set of formats they can start with, and enable report authors to create a consistent look across an entire suite of reports.
- Create a cache of reporting themes for common styles, colors, and images in a single location to simplify updates.
- Report drill-down and drill-through capabilities with matrix (crosstab) functionality enables end users to analyze data with a high degree of granularity.